Manage episode 222975701 series 1733938
Fritzi Kramer from MoviesSilently and Jill Blake from The Retro Set, a freelance writer for TCM and formerly FilmStruck join to discuss the big week with the end of FilmStruck, the potential end of Fandor, and all of the implications. From there we discuss how to balance the restoration, curation and exhibition of classic and art film in a culturally and commercially viable way. We discuss the challenges of obtaining access to film history, whether that includes larger, more popular titles, or obscure niche titles. Finally we talk about the future of film, how to reconcile the streaming initiatives of the major studios, and how to manage civil discourse within the community during such an uncertain period.
- Jason Bailey – We’re Not Mad Enough About the End of FilmStruck
- Jason Bailey – Save the Champagne, No One Saved FilmStruck
- Kickstarter – Kidnapped and Four Short Films
- Enjoy the Film
- Jill Blake – Farewell to FilmStruck Twitter Thread
- Jill Blake – Response to Washington Post Twitter Thread
- Variety – Fandor Lays Off Staff, Sells Assets of Indie-Film Streaming Service
- Silent Era – The Origins of Film 1900 – 1927
166 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours averaging 81 mins duration .