Manage episode 172993600 series 1221181
Jared Tendler, Mental Game Coach, knows what players and entrepreneurs need to do to stay at the top of their game. In this episode, Jared talks about how to become aware of the unconscious mental processes that could be holding you back from accomplishing your goals. He has a unique perspective on setting expectations and how to goal-set and manage your mindset. Listen to this interview and discover the keys to easing the anxiety that comes with building a successful business.Why you need to be mentally prepared for success
Why do so many people lose momentum just when they reach the success they have dreamed of? What are the unexpected consequences of success? In this episode, Jared Tendler talks about the Mental Game and what you need to do to be mentally prepared for success so that you can move forward instead of letting your mind trick you into staying in your comfort zone. Listen to this interview to find out what you need to do to prepare for the changes that take place as you begin to accomplish your goals.How Jared Tendler learned the mental game
Jared Tendler experienced disappointments and setbacks on his road to success. But instead of staying discouraged and quitting, he began to learn what was holding him back and to put in place the mental game -- the mindset that would help him overcome his weaknesses. In this episode, Jared tells his story and gives insights into how the mental game is the “oil in the engine” as you move toward accomplishing your dream.Awareness of Your psychological weaknesses is a key to success.
If you are unaware of what your psychological weaknesses are, it doesn’t mean they don’t exist. We are often not aware of how our mind is holding us back. In this episode, Jared Tendler tells you how to begin finding out what your mental or emotional weaknesses are so that you can address them. Listen in to this intriguing conversation about how the mental game can make or break your progress toward your goals.Can your expectations drive you to complacency?
Expectations can take away the sense of reward that you have along the road to success. It’s great to dream, but if you don’t see the downsides and challenges on the road it can be detrimental to accomplishing your goals. In this episode, Jared Tendler explains the difference between goals and expectations, and how to take the emotions out of the expectations you create. Regardless of where you are in your journey, being aware of yourself and your expectations may well make the difference between failure and success.Outline of This Episode
- [2:23] Introduction to this episode with Jared Tendler, Mental Game Coach
- [5:12] Khierstyn Ross shares her own backstory as to why she brought Jared to the show.
- [8:22] Don’t underestimate the importance of mindset and let your brain try to keep you in your comfort zone.
- [11:13] What is a “Mental Game Coach”?
- [14:23] How to eliminate the anxiety that comes with success
- [16:47] Jared’s personal story: How he became a Mind Game Coach.
- [24:14] Break - Sponsor mentions
- [25:14] Jared’s continuing story: How he became aware of the way his brain was holding him back.
- [28:07] Awareness of your psychological weaknesses is a key to success.
- [32:45] How your expectations drive you to complacency.
- [38:19] How to set proper expectations, and understanding the why.
- [42:39] Taking emotions out of the expectations that we create.
- [46:09] Awareness, the most important takeaway.
- Book: Golf is Not a Game of Perfect by Bob Rotella
- Book: Leadership vs. Self-Deception by The Arbinger Institute
- Book: The Big Leap
122 episodes available. A new episode about every 14 days averaging 44 mins duration .