Manage episode 233923241 series 1313446
Do you prepare to let go in a race if it feels right? Fears, expectations, and anxiety can hold us back, but having confidence to look at a race as an opportunity can be the biggest secret to performance. Today we look at staying in the moment and making solid decisions on the course. Do you truly trust the training?
- Taper Tantrums
- Pre-race jitters
- Triathlete’s ritual/routine
- How to deal with free time
- What to do with all the energy
- What effort level should you race at for 70.3?
- Golf and Tennis analogies
- Unforced Errors on the course
- Making a million decisions
- Staying Engaged and Present in a Race
- Competing against yourself, others, and the day
- The ONE thing you should do in a HOT race
- Staying AHEAD of the day
- How to use the bike to prepare for the run
- Don’t be reactionary and defensive
- Coaching instills calmness
- Answering questions you don’t have yet
- How Robbie feels about coaching 40+ racers
- Do you think of this race as Digital Tombstone?
- Come See Us in Chattanooga
Check out our NEW coaching tiers/options at www.crushingiron.com
Support the Crushing Iron podcast on Patreon, where the community pledge is only $3.26 per month. There are other options, but every little bit helps us keep this podcast on the rails. Thanks in advance.
You can also support us at our new store at CrushingIron.com. We have some NEW classic logo t-shirts and the Official Crushing Iron Spectator shirt for sale. Support the cast and get some new gear for it!Are you thinking about raising your game or getting started in triathlon with a coach? Check out our Crushing Iron Coaching Philosophy Video We still have a few slots left for next year's camp, but they're going fast. Check out our 2019 Camp Schedule here.
Please subscribe and rate Crushing Iron on YouTube and iTunes.
Support our podcast with some New Gear at CrushingIron.com
For information on the C26 Coach’s Eye custom swim analysis, coaching, or training camps email: C26Coach@gmail.com
Facebook: CrushingIron YouTube: Crushing Iron Twitter: CrushingIron Instagram: C26_Triathlon
281 episodes available. A new episode about every 3 days averaging 61 mins duration .