Crypto Basic Podcast: Teaching You The Basics of Bitcoin and the World of Cryptocurrency. CryptoBasic
Episode 233 - Are Tether, Libra, and other Stablecoins a threat to Fiat?
Manage episode 259531020 series 2391148
Stablecoins are a part of the crytpocurreny space for better or for worse. What happens in a future where more people are using digital assets? What does the stablecoin environment do to the US Dollar? Are stablecoins like Tether and Libra a systemic threat to fiat currency?
These questions are investigated by the Crypto Basic Podcast team - what place do stablecoins have in a future, and what can Tether do to get more users? Does the podcast agree with the G20’s assessment of Stablecoins in general? Where can you go to learn more about the study that was released? Well the podcast has answers for you.
Pertinant Links -
- Are Stablecoins a systemic threat?
- Published Study by FSB
- G20 Website
- Financial Security Board
- The FSB is inviting comments on this consultative document and the questions set out below. Responses should be sent to email@example.com by 15 July 2020. Responses will be published on the FSB’s website unless respondents expressly request otherwise.
HELP SUPPORT THE PODCAST!
- Patreon- $1 an episode would be the best thing ever and keeps us afloat.
- Join our Discord right here
- Subscribe Via iTunes
- Ledger Nano S or Ledger Nano X- This is where you buy the hardware wallet that we're always talking about on the show - we all use a Ledger Nano S.
- Cash App has Bitcoin- If you sign up through that link the show gets $5 and so do you! Stop the presses. The easiest to use money transfer application (yes it's easier than Venmo) now as a built in way to buy and sell Bitcoin. They even have a no - fee debit card you can use.
- CryptoBasic Podcast Email