Manage episode 298062250 series 2659655
Learn about the links between language and music via the speech-to-song illusion and what we can learn from tree rings.
The speech-to-song illusion demonstrates the tight links between language and music by Steffie Drucker
- The Speech-to-Song Illusion. (2020). Psychology Today. https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/illusions-and-curiosities/202002/the-speech-song-illusion
- Diana Deutsch - Speech-to-Song Illusion>. (2011). ucsd.edu. https://deutsch.ucsd.edu/psychology/pages.php?i=212
- 5th grade class: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Zr9BU0bJoc
Additional resources from Sturt Manning, a Distinguished Professor of Arts and Sciences in Classical Archaeology at Cornell University:
- Cornell Faculty page https://classics.cornell.edu/sturt-manning
- Revised tree ring data confirms ancient Mediterranean dates https://as.cornell.edu/news/revised-tree-ring-data-confirms-ancient-mediterranean-dates
- Maize, not metal, key to native settlements’ history in NY https://news.cornell.edu/stories/2020/03/maize-not-metal-key-native-settlements-history-ny
Follow Curiosity Daily on your favorite podcast app to learn something new every day with Cody Gough and Ashley Hamer. Still curious? Get exclusive science shows, nature documentaries, and more real-life entertainment on discovery+! Go to https://discoveryplus.com/curiosity to start your 7-day free trial. discovery+ is currently only available for US subscribers.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.