Manage episode 292559198 series 2659655
Learn why learning too much can make you less passionate and how AI is resurrecting ancient board games. Plus: trivia!
Learning too much about your passion may make you less passionate about it by Kelsey Donk
- Lange, A. (2021, March 28). Your passionate hobby might make you less passionate, study finds. The Academic Times. https://academictimes.com/your-passionate-hobby-might-make-you-less-passionate-study-finds/
- Rocklage, M. D., Rucker, D. D., & Nordgren, L. F. (2021). Emotionally Numb: Expertise Dulls Consumer Experience. Journal of Consumer Research. https://academic.oup.com/jcr/advance-article-abstract/doi/10.1093/jcr/ucab015/6171148
Episodes referenced in Curiosity Challenge Trivia game:
- What do these things have in common: https://www.curiositydaily.com/we-can-use-dna-for-data-storage
- Memorable postal codes: https://www.curiositydaily.com/post-traumatic-growth-is-a-pandemic-silver-lining/
- Slug that cuts off its own head: https://www.curiositydaily.com/you-can-totally-bs-a-bser/
The Digital Ludeme Project is using AI to learn the rules of ancient board games by Grant Currin
- Schultz, I. (2019, September 26). Researchers Are Using Artificial Intelligence to Reconstruct Ancient Games. Atlas Obscura; Atlas Obscura. https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/ancient-games-artificial-intelligence
- Digital Ludeme Project. (2021). Ludeme.eu. http://ludeme.eu/index.html
- Play the games: https://ludii.games/
Subscribe to Curiosity Daily to learn something new every day with Cody Gough and Ashley Hamer. You can also listen to our podcast as part of your Alexa Flash Briefing; Amazon smart speakers users, click/tap “enable” here: https://www.amazon.com/Curiosity-com-Curiosity-Daily-from/dp/B07CP17DJY
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.