Manage episode 302161229 series 2151271
Learn about why children write letters backward; how dogs know when you’re lying to them; and mountains on neutron stars.
Children write letters backward because they haven't unlearned the rules of reality by Steffie Drucker
- Sigman, M. (2017, August 8). The fascinating reason that children write letters backwards. Ideas.ted.com. https://ideas.ted.com/the-fascinating-reason-that-children-write-letters-backwards/
- Vox. (2020). Why kids write letters backward [YouTube Video]. In YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1iYSsFqVG4
- Why Do Young Children Write Letters Backward? (2016). Wonderopolis.org. https://wonderopolis.org/wonder/Why-Do-Young-Children-Write-Letters-Backward
Dogs know when you are lying to them by Cameron Duke
- Riddle, T. (2012, July 24). Liars: It Takes One to Know One. Scientific American. https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/liars-it-takes-one-to-know-one/
- Lonardo, L., Völter, C. J., Lamm, C., & Huber, L. (2021). Dogs follow human misleading suggestions more often when the informant has a false belief. Proceedings of the Royal Society B: Biological Sciences, 288(1955), 20210906. https://doi.org/10.1098/rspb.2021.0906
- Yirka, B. (2021, July 27). Dogs can tell when people are lying to them, study finds. Phys.org; Phys.org. https://phys.org/news/2021-07-dogs-people-lying.html
The tallest mountains on neutron stars may be less than a millimeter high by Briana Brownell
- A bug’s life: millimetre-tall mountains on neutron stars. (2021). The Royal Astronomical Society. https://ras.ac.uk/news-and-press/research-highlights/bugs-life-millimetre-tall-mountains-neutron-stars
- https://www.facebook.com/spacecom. (2009, May 18). Neutron Star Crust Is Stronger than Steel. Space.com; Space. https://www.space.com/6682-neutron-star-crust-stronger-steel.html
- Baker, H. (2021, July 21). Neutron star “mountains” may be blocking our view of mysterious gravitational waves. Livescience.com; Live Science. https://www.livescience.com/millimeter-tall-neutron-star-mountains.html
- Gittins, F., Andersson, N., & Jones, D. I. (2020). Modelling neutron star mountains. Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, 500(4), 5570–5582. https://doi.org/10.1093/mnras/staa3635
Follow Curiosity Daily on your favorite podcast app to learn something new every day with Cody Gough and Ashley Hamer. Still curious? Get exclusive science shows, nature documentaries, and more real-life entertainment on discovery+! Go to https://discoveryplus.com/curiosity to start your 7-day free trial. discovery+ is currently only available for US subscribers.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.