Manage episode 231281726 series 2151271
Learn about the RMS Carpathia, the ship that came to the Titanic’s rescue the night it sank; how to control that feeling when you get butterflies in your stomach; and how numbers are written in different languages.
- One Ship Came to the Titanic's Rescue on the Night It Sank — https://curiosity.im/2K1wlqx
- Why Do You Feel Butterflies in Your Stomach? — https://curiosity.im/2UuS9yS
Additional resources discussed:
- Exploring Universality: Does the World Really Use the Same Numbers? | NumbersAlive! — https://numbersalive.org/exploring-universality-does-the-world-really-use-the-same-numbers/
- Numerals and numeral systems | Encyclopædia Britannica — https://www.britannica.com/science/numeral
- Numeral system | Wikipedia — https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Numeral_system
If you love our show and you're interested in hearing full-length interviews, then please consider supporting us on Patreon. You'll get exclusive episodes and access to our archives as soon as you become a Patron! https://www.patreon.com/curiositydotcom
Download the FREE 5-star Curiosity app for Android and iOS at https://curiosity.im/podcast-app. And Amazon smart speaker users: you can listen to our podcast as part of your Amazon Alexa Flash Briefing — just click “enable” here: https://curiosity.im/podcast-flash-briefing.