Manage episode 236696842 series 2151271
Learn about the Turing machine, an imaginary device that’s the basis for all computers. Plus: what can Godzilla tell us about our collective anxiety? We’ll also discuss a listener question about exoplanets with a special guest, Ralph Crewe from the podcast Science, News, and Qs.
- A Turing Machine Is the Imaginary Device That's the Basis for All Computers — https://curiosity.im/2K3hyKW
- Godzilla Has Grown Like Crazy, and Two Scientists Think They Know Why — https://curiosity.im/2Rhe7RX
More from Ralph Crewe:
- Science News and Qs (SNaQ), a Carnegie Science Center Podcast — http://snaq.podbean.com/
- Getting Curious with Ashley and Cody of Curiosity on SNaQ — https://snaq.podbean.com/e/getting-curious-with-ashley-and-cody-of-curiosity/
- Learn more about the Carnegie Science Center — http://www.carnegiesciencecenter.org/
- Follow @CarnegieSciCtr on Twitter — https://twitter.com/carnegiescictr
- Follow @RalphCrewe on Twitter — https://twitter.com/RalphCrewe
If you love our show and you're interested in hearing full-length interviews, then please consider supporting us on Patreon. You'll get exclusive episodes and access to our archives as soon as you become a Patron! https://www.patreon.com/curiositydotcom
Download the FREE 5-star Curiosity app for Android and iOS at https://curiosity.im/podcast-app. And Amazon smart speaker users: you can listen to our podcast as part of your Amazon Alexa Flash Briefing — just click “enable” here: https://curiosity.im/podcast-flash-briefing.
460 episodes available. A new episode about every day averaging 9 mins duration .