Manage episode 232288580 series 2151271
Learn about how digital technology is changing the way we listen to music and other audio from special guest Damon Krukowski, who is a musician, writer, and author of the new book “Ways of Hearing.” We’ll also answer a listener question about whether there’s a limit to how much we can know.
Get your copy of “Ways of Hearing” on Amazon: https://amzn.to/2VLuDer
More from Damon Krukowski:
- “Ways of Hearing” on Amazon — https://amzn.to/2VLuDer
- Damon Krukowski’s website — http://www.dadadrummer.com/
- Pitchfork profile — https://pitchfork.com/staff/damon-krukowski/
- Follow Damon K on Twitter @dada_drummer — https://twitter.com/dada_drummer
- Radiotopia Showcase — https://www.radiotopia.fm/showcase/ways-of-hearing
Additional resources discussed:
- What’s the most we can remember? | BBC — http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20150401-whats-the-most-we-can-remember
- Memory Capacity of the Brain is 10 Times More than Previously Thought | Salk Institute for Biological Studies — https://www.salk.edu/news-release/memory-capacity-of-brain-is-10-times-more-than-previously-thought/
- What Is the Memory Capacity of the Human Brain? | Scientific American — https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/what-is-the-memory-capacity/
- Your Short-Term Memory Can Only Hold 7 Items (But You Can Use This Trick) | Curiosity.com — https://curiosity.im/2L0IdcI
If you love our show and you're interested in hearing full-length interviews, then please consider supporting us on Patreon. You'll get exclusive episodes and access to our archives as soon as you become a Patron! https://www.patreon.com/curiositydotcom
Download the FREE 5-star Curiosity app for Android and iOS at https://curiosity.im/podcast-app. And Amazon smart speaker users: you can listen to our podcast as part of your Amazon Alexa Flash Briefing — just click “enable” here: https://curiosity.im/podcast-flash-briefing.
403 episodes available. A new episode about every day averaging 9 mins duration .