Manage episode 292856629 series 2151271
Learn about the “birthday paradox.” Then, George Craford — one of the pioneers of LED lighting — talks LED innovation.
The Birthday Paradox by Cameron Duke
- Science Buddies. (2012, March 29). Probability and the Birthday Paradox. Scientific American. https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/bring-science-home-probability-birthday-paradox/
- TED-Ed. (2017). Check your intuition: The birthday problem - David Knuffke [YouTube Video]. In YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtT_cgMzHx8
- Understanding the Birthday Paradox – BetterExplained. (2021). Betterexplained.com. https://betterexplained.com/articles/understanding-the-birthday-paradox/
Learn more about George Craford and the QEPrize:
- The Queen Elizabeth Prize for Engineering: https://qeprize.org/
- George Craford's bio: https://www.nae.edu/128635/Dr-M-George-Craford
Follow Curiosity Daily on your favorite podcast app to learn something new every day with Cody Gough and Ashley Hamer — for free! You can also listen to our show as part of your Alexa Flash Briefing; Amazon smart speakers users, click/tap “enable” here: https://www.amazon.com/Curiosity-com-Curiosity-Daily-from/dp/B07CP17DJY
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.