Remembering Words on the Tip of Your Tongue, Parkways vs. Driveways, and A Flapping Spacecraft to Explore Venus
Manage episode 247999987 series 2151271
Learn about why we drive on parkways and park on driveways; a flapping spacecraft that’s being designed to explore Venus; and why recalling a word on the tip of your tongue ensures that you’ll forget it next time.
- A Flapping Spacecraft Is Being Designed to Explore Venus — https://curiosity.im/35zy24i
- Recalling a Word on the Tip of Your Tongue Helps Ensure You'll Forget It Next Time — https://curiosity.im/2sotZtp
- park (n.) | Online Etymology Dictionary — https://www.etymonline.com/word/park?ref=etymonline_crossreference#etymonline_v_7220
- driveway (n.) | Online Etymology Dictionary — https://www.etymonline.com/word/driveway#etymonline_v_31894
- Why Do We Park on a Driveway and Drive on a Parkway? | Alternatives Journal — https://www.alternativesjournal.ca/community/blogs/food-and-culture/why-do-we-park-driveway-and-drive-parkway
- An etymology of “parking” | West North — https://westnorth.com/2012/10/12/an-etymology-of-parking/
Amazon smart speaker users: you can listen to our podcast as part of your Amazon Alexa Flash Briefing! Just click or tap “enable” here: https://curiosity.im/podcast-flash-briefing.