Manage episode 297805046 series 2151271
Learn about how to combat revenge bedtime procrastination; the power of elephant trunks; and how pineapples eat you back.
How to combat "revenge bedtime procrastination" by Kelsey Donk
- Cohut, M. (2021, March 19). Revenge bedtime procrastination: A plight of our times? Medicalnewstoday.com; Medical News Today. https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/revenge-bedtime-procrastination-a-plight-of-our-times
- Patia Braithwaite. (2021, May 28). Revenge Bedtime Procrastination: 6 Ways to Manage It. SELF; SELF. https://www.self.com/story/revenge-bedtime-procrastination
- Kroese, F. M., De Ridder, D. T. D., Evers, C., & Adriaanse, M. A. (2014). Bedtime procrastination: introducing a new area of procrastination. Frontiers in Psychology, 5. https://doi.org/10.3389/fpsyg.2014.00611
Elephants can suck water into their trunks 30 times faster than you sneeze by Cameron Duke
- How an elephant’s trunk manipulates air to eat and drink. (2021). EurekAlert! https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2021-06/giot-hae060121.php
- Schulz, A. K., Ning Wu, J., Ha, S. Y. S., Kim, G., Braccini Slade, S., Rivera, S., Reidenberg, J. S., & Hu, D. L. (2021). Suction feeding by elephants. Journal of the Royal Society Interface, 18(179), 20210215. https://doi.org/10.1098/rsif.2021.0215
Pineapples eat you back, thanks to a meat-tenderizer enzyme by Grant Currin
- Here’s The Scientific Reason Pineapple Burns Your Mouth. (2018). NowThis News. https://nowthisnews.com/videos/food/heres-the-scientific-reason-pineapple-burns-your-mouth
- Scheve, T. (2008, August 4). Why do pineapple enzymes tenderize steak -- and your tongue? HowStuffWorks. https://science.howstuffworks.com/innovation/edible-innovations/pineapple-enzyme-tenderize-steak1.htm
- Di Lullo, G. A., Sweeney, S. M., Körkkö, J., Ala-Kokko, L., & San Antonio, J. D. (2002). Mapping the Ligand-binding Sites and Disease-associated Mutations on the Most Abundant Protein in the Human, Type I Collagen. Journal of Biological Chemistry, 277(6), 4223–4231. https://doi.org/10.1074/jbc.m110709200
Follow Curiosity Daily on your favorite podcast app to learn something new every day with Cody Gough and Ashley Hamer. Still curious? Get exclusive science shows, nature documentaries, and more real-life entertainment on discovery+! Go to https://discoveryplus.com/curiosity to start your 7-day free trial. discovery+ is currently only available for US subscribers.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.