Manage episode 233052280 series 2151271
Learn about where fruit flies come from and what they do from special guest Stephanie Mohr, author of “First in Fly: Drosophila Research and Biological Discovery.” You’ll also learn about why your brain makes you extra antisocial when you’re sick, and how entomologist Justin Schmidt created a pain scale from insect stings.
Get your copy of “First in Fly: Drosophila Research and Biological Discovery” on Amazon: https://amzn.to/2UFlrLQ
- Your Brain Makes You Extra Antisocial When You're Sick — https://curiosity.im/2GA2npZ
- This Scientist Created a Pain Scale by Letting Bugs Sting Him — https://curiosity.im/2J3vTG2
Additional resources from Stephanie Mohr:
- “First in Fly: Drosophila Research and Biological Discovery” — https://amzn.to/2UFlrLQ
- Follow Stephanie Mohr on Twitter @smohrfly — https://twitter.com/smohrfly
- Harvard Medical School bio — https://fgr.hms.harvard.edu/people/stephanie-e-mohr
If you love our show and you're interested in hearing full-length interviews, then please consider supporting us on Patreon. You'll get exclusive episodes and access to our archives as soon as you become a Patron! https://www.patreon.com/curiositydotcom
Download the FREE 5-star Curiosity app for Android and iOS at https://curiosity.im/podcast-app. And Amazon smart speaker users: you can listen to our podcast as part of your Amazon Alexa Flash Briefing — just click “enable” here: https://curiosity.im/podcast-flash-briefing.
403 episodes available. A new episode about every day averaging 9 mins duration .