Manage episode 377425924 series 2151271
Today, you’ll learn about a surprising link between youth activism and critical thinking, a new discovery related to sleep apnea, and how aggressive driving adds more CO2 to the atmosphere.
- “Teens Engaged in Activism Become Better Critical Thinkers, Study Finds.” University of Michigan. 2023.
- “Charting the longitudinal trajectories and interplay of critical consciousness among youth activists.” by Andres Pinedo. 2023.
Sleep Apnea Danger
- “NIH-funded study explains link to increased cardiovascular risks for people with obstructive sleep apnea.” NIH. 2023.
- “Estimation of the global prevalence and burden of obstructive sleep apnoea: a literature-based analysis.” by Adam V. Benjafield, et al. 2019.
- “The ever-increasing importance of cancer as a leading cause of premature death worldwide.” by Freddie Bray. 2021.
- “Sleep Apnea.” by Eric Suni & Dr. Abhinav Singh. 2023.
- “Future reductions of China’s transport emissions impacted by changing driving behaviour.” by Yingji Xia, et al. 2023.
- “Aggressive driving sends carbon levels soaring.” Nature.com. 2023.
- “Annual carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions worldwide from 1940 to 2022.” Statista. 2023.
- “How can driving behavior help you reduce fuel costs and greenhouse gas emissions?” Frotcom. 2019.
Follow Curiosity Daily on your favorite podcast app to get smarter with Calli and Nate — for free! Still curious? Get exclusive science shows, nature documentaries, and more real-life entertainment on discovery+! Go to https://discoveryplus.com/curiosity to start your 7-day free trial. discovery+ is currently only available for US subscribers.
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.