Manage episode 229894843 series 2151271
In this podcast, Cody Gough and Ashley Hamer discuss the innovative Active Learning Initiative with Cornell University’s Vice Provost for Academic Innovation Julia Thom-Levy, who is also a professor in their department of physics. Further reading:
- Cornell University’s Education Innovation webpage — https://as.cornell.edu/education-innovation
- Research reveals ‘shocking’ weakness of lab courses — http://news.cornell.edu/stories/2018/01/research-reveals-shocking-weakness-lab-courses
- Professors, students laud active learning physics lab course — http://news.cornell.edu/stories/2018/12/professors-students-laud-active-learning-physics-lab-course
- VIDEOS: “That Happened Zero Times Before” and “Sage on the Stage’ Is Dying”
Additional resources discussed in this episode:
- What happens when lightning strikes an airplane? | Scientific American — https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/what-happens-when-lightni/
- Lightning Strikes: Protection, Inspection, and Repair | Boeing — https://www.boeing.com/commercial/aeromagazine/articles/2012_q4/4/
If you love our show and you're interested in hearing full-length interviews, then please consider supporting us on Patreon. You'll get exclusive episodes and access to our archives as soon as you become a Patron! https://www.patreon.com/curiositydotcom
Download the FREE 5-star Curiosity app for Android and iOS at https://curiosity.im/podcast-app. And Amazon smart speaker users: you can listen to our podcast as part of your Amazon Alexa Flash Briefing — just click “enable” here: https://curiosity.im/podcast-flash-briefing.
349 episodes available. A new episode about every day averaging 9 mins duration .