Manage episode 194925305 series 1906795
When the first human built a wheel 6 or 7,000 years ago, they couldn’t have possibly imagined that..
- the humble wheel might soon be attached to carts to create wagons and carriages,
- an insightful potter might turn the wheel on its side to aid in the creation of various pottery,
- one day, someone would cut teeth into a wheel to create gears and cogs that would eventually be hidden but integral parts of clocks and cars, or
- Leonardo da Vinci would look at a water-wheel and from that, imagine the concept of a propeller that would eventually allow us to fly around the world.
Of course, it wasn’t possible to imagine almost any of this at the time, but the potential was there.
And in the same way, we can’t fully imagine all of the ways that cryptocurrency – or any other technology – might change our lives. Nonetheless, it’s a question worth asking, perhaps especially if it means that many aspects of finance and other areas of our life might be reinvented.
And in this episode, that’s a lot of what I explore with Bernard Golden.
You might remember Bernard from his brief appearance in episode three, but as a recap, Bernard Golden has been named by Wired Magazine as one of the ten most influential people in cloud computing, he regularly keynotes at conferences around the world, and he’s led several Silicon Valley tech companies as CEO or executive for nearly 2 decades. But over the past couple years – he’s turned his attention largely to cryptocurrency and blockchain, which he describes as “the next innovation platform that will transform our society”.
- Current and potential future use cases for blockchain and cryptocurrency;
- Ways it Cryptocurrency is impacting and will impact the world – particularly how that will vary according to location and circumstance;
- Blockchain applications outside of finance;
- The biggest ways cryptocurrency will affect a person’s day-to-day life;
- How one cryptocurrency is revolutionizing the way that micro-financing is apportioned and secured (FoxCon);
- The Gartner Technology Hype Curve and trough of despair as it relates to cryptocurrency;
- Potential barriers to wide-scale adoption of cryptocurrency.
The post S01E04 – How Cryptocurrency Will Be Used in the Future (Bernard Golden) appeared first on CURIOUS.