What are the challenges we face as a profession, what are the skills we need & what do we need to change for the future with MANDY TURNER
Manage episode 244967719 series 2518086
- Louisa is in the USA this week and Beverley is trying out her US accent
- One of the reasons for doing the podcast was to showcase the fantastic talent in the cybersecurity industry
- Cybersecurity can be a stressful profession and recent research Louisa has found confirms that the top 4 reasons for stress are about interfacing with the business (link in research section below)
- Beverley agrees that one of the reasons you are not suited to cybersecurity (according to some research she had find on a previous episode was related to finding explaining an incident to executives too stressful (link in research section below)
- Someone who is clearly very suited to a career in cybersecurity is Mandy Turner.
- Since recording the chat with Mandy she was also awarded
- Australian Information Security Association (AISA) Professional of the year (2019) as well as a fellowship of AISA
- Louisa and Beverley agree that is so great to see volunteers recognised in our industry
- Beverley is amazed by the volunteer work that Mandy does and the contribution she has made (and continues to make) to our profession
- Louisa agrees and re-iterates how great it is to see her recognised
- Beverley is curious about Mandy's book plans and cautions that whilst we need not glamourise cybercrime as it is just crime, we know it is still much harder to catch (cyber) criminals
- Louisa shares that a future podcast will cover the way in which tech enables cybercrime
- Louisa reminds listeners that their feedback is valued and that we welcome guest suggestions!