What if data isn't the new oil? what if it is as important as the air we breathe? & what do we need to think about to be able to effectively govern data? with DANIELLA TRAINO
Manage episode 244180399 series 2518086
- Data is everywhere including in Louisa's living room in many different forms (thanks to Star Trek!)
- We know data is being created in large volumes and we know it can be used in a negative way but how do we know we have the right systems in place now and in the future to effectively govern it
- Beverley says there is a lot of debate about these topics and confirms that our guest today will be able to help bring some of these issues together
- Daniella Traino who is very close to the innovation space - she is the cyber track leader at Spark festival and a volunteer Start up Editor on Cyber and AI at https://www.ideaspies.com/
- Louisa needs the mind-blown emoji after listening to the chat
- Louisa was interested by the idea Daniella shared about changing the economic value of collecting data and shares an example of where she was asked to share data she didn't need to
- Beverley has a technique she uses to protect her privacy when shopping - she doesn't have loyalty cards at all!
- Louisa mentions the positive of AI in Cybersecurity and shared some research finding from Cap Gemini and also shares some insights around how Cybercriminals are using AI
- Beverley wonders what we need to consider from a product development perspective and Louisa offers some insights
- Beverley wonders if we should sign up to an ethics agreement as a cyber security profession
- Louisa thinks that's one for a whole other podcast!