Manage episode 226560763 series 90967
On this week's episode Cyrus is joined by Moupia Basu, author of 'The Queen's Last Salute'. Cyrus and Moupia talk about:
- Why she chose to write a book about the Rani of Jhansee
- Falling in love with Orccha
- The objectives of the 1857 mutiny
- What drove Laxmibai to become a warrior
- Historical fiction in Bollywood
- The diversity of Indian history
You can buy 'The Queen's Last Salute' here: https://amzn.to/2Rv43D9 or at your nearest bookstore.
Do send in AMA questions for Cyrus by tweeting them to @cyrussaysin or e-mailing them to email@example.com
In case you're late to the party and want to catch up on previous episodes of Cyrus Says you can do so at: www.ivmpodcasts.com/cyrussays
453 episodes available. A new episode about every 3 days averaging 50 mins duration .