Manage episode 173365292 series 32120
As you may have heard, Hans Rosling passed away on February 7, 2017. We are deeply saddened by this loss and, in remembering Rosling, we thought a tribute to him was due. The impact Rosling had on visualization and statistical communication is huge; he has left a very big legacy.
In this special episode, we asked five renowned visualization experts to tell us how Rosling’s work influenced them and how he impacted their own work. Here we hear from Kim Rees (Periscopic), Andy Kirk (Visualising Data), Robert Kosara (Eagereyes and Tableau), Kennedy Elliott (National Geographic), and Alberto Cairo (University of Miami).
Thanks so much Hans Rosling for your inspiration and legacy!
Some other tributes …
- Hans Rosling: An Appreciation – Robert Kosara, eagereyes.com
- Seeing human lives in spreadsheets: The work of Hans Rosling (1948–2017) – Max Roser
- Thank you, Hans Rosling – Francis Gagnon, chezvoila.com
- Thank you Hans Rosling – Andy Kirk, visualisingdata.com
Help Data Stories get crowdfunded! You can find the details at our Patreon page: https://www.patreon.com/datastories.
1. Hans Rosling's TED talk "the best stats you have ever seen" (00:01:06)
2. Intro from Enrico & Moritz (00:03:41)
3. Hans Rosling's shortest TED talk (00:08:55)
4. Tribute to Hans Rosling from Kim Rees (00:11:06)
5. Tribute to Hans Rosling from Andy Kirk (00:15:06)
6. Tribute to Hans Rosling from Robert Kosara (00:21:05)
7. Tribute to Hans Rosling from Kennedy Elliott (00:25:35)
8. Tribute to Hans Rosling from Alberto Cairo (00:32:45)
9. Hans Rosling on BBC "The Joy of Stats" (00:36:13)
10. Get in touch & back us on Patreon (00:40:55)
147 episodes available. A new episode about every 17 days averaging 47 mins duration .