Manage episode 179413755 series 32120
Nadieh and Shirley recently paired up to create Data Sketches, a twelve-month collaboration. Each month they choose a topic and develop a visualization on their theme.
One nice aspect of the project is that they keep track of their entire development process, including the steps they followed to prepare the data, sketch the ideas, and create the final visualizations.
On the show we talk about the organization of the projects, some favorite visualizations from the year, the partnership between the collaborators, and how they balance Data Sketches with their freelancing work.
We’re collecting listener questions, ideas, and suggestions about Data Stories for our upcoming 100th episode. Leave us a message at +1-413-650-2713 and we may just feature your voice in the podcast!
Data Stories is brought to you by Qlik. Are you missing out on meaningful relationships hidden in your data? Unlock the whole story with Qlik Sense through personalized visualizations and dynamic dashboards which you can download for free at qlik.de/datastories.
1. Our sponsor: Qlik (00:00:09)
2. Welcome back to Data Stories! (00:00:52)
3. Episode 100 is coming - leave us a voice message! (00:01:16)
4. Introducing our guests: Shirley Wu & Nadieh Bremer (00:02:10)
5. Nadieh Bremer (00:02:40)
6. Shirley Wu (00:03:26)
7. Their project: Data Sketches (00:05:06)
8. Organizational structure of the project (00:07:09)
9. Overview of types of viz projects (00:11:21)
10. Data viz in pop culture (00:17:04)
11. How is your design process? Sketching by hand vs. with code (00:21:15)
12. Are you inspired by other projects? (00:25:18)
13. How is working in a team affect your motivation? (00:26:55)
14. Balancing of paid and leisure projects (00:30:17)
15. How does the project affect your freelancing work? (00:32:57)
16. Your take on the "vis crisis"? (00:35:25)
17. What's next for you after Datasketches? (00:38:41)
18. Get in touch & back us on Patreon (00:41:39)
19. Our sponsor: Qlik (00:43:09)
142 episodes available. A new episode about every 17 days averaging 46 mins duration .