Manage episode 201244710 series 32120
[This podcast is fully supported by our listeners. If you enjoy listening to Data Stories, consider supporting us on Patreon!]
We have Lisa C. Rost and Gregor Aisch on the show to talk about the exciting work they are doing at Datawrapper. Lisa and Gregor have recently joined the company in Berlin, coming from various experiences in data journalism in the US.
Lisa is known for her long, thoughtful and beautiful blog posts and visualization guides. Gregor is a former graphics editor at the New York Times and has also developed many useful visualization libraries and tools.
On the show we talk about Lisa and Gregor’s transitions from the world of journalism to a software company, the market for data visualization products, and what we can expect from Datawrapper in the future.
Enjoy the show!
Lisa Charlotte Rost: https://lisacharlotterost.de/
Gregor Aisch: https://driven-by-data.net/
River (DW’s place to exchange relevant data, charts and maps)
1. Welcome to Data Stories! (00:00:27)
2. Introducing Lisa Rost and Gregor Aisch (00:01:03)
3. What is Datawrapper? (00:02:06)
4. What's the difference to other tools? (00:04:34)
5. Who is using the tool? (00:09:34)
6. Why do you work for Datawrapper? (00:10:51)
7. How is the experience of developing a long term vis tool? (00:17:39)
8. Template tools vs. blank canvas tools (00:22:36)
9. Vis education vs. customer demands in the process of developing Datawrapper (00:26:25)
10. What are your future plans with Datawrapper? (00:29:03)
11. Do you have plans to go in a storytelling direction? (00:32:38)
12. Upcoming blog posts from Lisa about a hot topic (00:35:49)
13. Use cases of Datawrapper: The river (00:36:37)
14. Get in touch with us and support us on Patreon (00:40:23)
142 episodes available. A new episode about every 17 days averaging 46 mins duration .