Manage episode 209580161 series 32120
This week, we have Prof. Boris Müller from FH Potsdam on the show! Moritz and Boris discuss the SENSES research project, which visualizes climate change scenarios. They also talk generally about design and science collaboration.
In other news, if you work in science and would like to improve your data visualization skills, make sure to check out the Graphic Hunters summer school In Utrecht, Netherlands, where Moritz will be offering a training on August 21, 2018.
Enjoy the show!
- Moritz’s training on data visualization for scientists
- Boris Müller
- Bringing Design to Science
- Strategies for Design-Science Collaborations
- Article on intuition
1. Welcome to Data Stories! (00:00:33)
2. Consider supporting us! (00:01:00)
3. An announcement before the show: Moritz's training on data viz for scientists (00:01:18)
4. Introducing Boris Müller, expert on visualizing climate scenarios (00:02:20)
5. The SENSES project (00:03:53)
6. What are climate scenarios? (00:05:45)
7. The role of designer and visualizer in understanding climate scenarios (00:09:03)
8. The concerns of scientists and how Boris is addressing them (00:14:28)
9. The difficulty of visualizing uncertainty (00:17:03)
10. Future plans for the project (00:22:14)
11. Boris on strategies for science visualizations (00:23:00)
12. Get in touch with us and support us on Patreon (00:31:47)
143 episodes available. A new episode about every 17 days averaging 46 mins duration .