Manage episode 234885155 series 32120
Have you heard of the “Data Visualization Society”? This is a new initiative started by visualization designers Amy Cesal, Mollie Pettit and Elijah Meeks. The DVS started with a simple form and a Slack channel and experienced in a few days a massive level of interest (more than 3000 people signed-up in a matter of days). On the show we talk with the founders to know more about how this happened, interesting stories about what people are doing within DVS and plans for the future. Enjoy the show!
Update: After the recording took place, DVS also launched their annual data visualization community survey. Make sure to take part (before June 15, 2019).
1. Welcome to Data Stories! (00:00:27)
2. We have no ads on Data Stories because we're fully listener-supported; please consider making a contribution to the podcast (00:01:01)
3. Today's topic: Data Visualization Society (00:01:39)
4. Our guests: Amy Cesal (00:02:21)
5. Mollie Pettit (00:02:51)
6. Elijah Meeks (00:03:15)
7. What is the Data Visualization Society? (00:03:42)
8. What contributed to the big success? (00:08:08)
9. Organization of the Data Visualization Society (00:12:44)
10. What are the highlights so far? (00:18:44)
11. How about open platforms for conversation? (00:26:35)
12. What are your future plans? (00:36:09)
13. How can people join? (00:42:04)
14. Get in touch with us and support us on Patreon (00:44:56)
147 episodes available. A new episode about every 17 days averaging 47 mins duration .