Manage episode 236075824 series 128090
1938 – It is one of the geekiest days for people like me. Creators Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster introduced one of the comic heros in Action Comics. Interesting enough, Superman was suppose to be a bad guy.
The first form of him appeared in “Science Fiction #3” in 1933. He looked more like Lex Luthor than the caped crusader. But with a little re-tooling, Superman made the comics and a piece of geek history.
Subcribe to Day In Tech History:
- RSS Bandwidth by Cachefly Get a 14 Day Trial
In Wisconsin, friends are called "Sconnies". Even if you're not from Wisconsin, you can be part of the Sconnie Geek Nation through my coverage! By pledging, you join the Geek Sconnie Nation! Plus, you help me cover costs so I can continue the coverage of Gadget tech, music tech, and geek culture through the shows.
- 1938 – The First Superman comic
- 1985 – Apple lays off 1,200 employees
- 1997 – Tamapittchi, a cellular phone with a Tamagotchi built into it, is released in Japan
- 2006 – Google Maps for Enterprise
- 2009 – #CNNFail
738 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours averaging 6 mins duration .