Manage episode 234602487 series 128090
2003 – Matt Mullenweg and Mike Little created a Fork of B2/cafelog. From there, WordPress was born. Since its release, WordPress has taken over Content Management Systems (CMS) with its ease of use and plethora of programmers that have made plugins, themes and other tweaks to the system since. The current version is 3.5.1 which has been downloaded over 18 million times.
Subcribe to Day In Tech History:
- RSS Bandwidth by Cachefly Get a 14 Day Trial
In Wisconsin, friends are called "Sconnies". Even if you're not from Wisconsin, you can be part of the Sconnie Geek Nation through my coverage! By pledging, you join the Geek Sconnie Nation! Plus, you help me cover costs so I can continue the coverage of Gadget tech, music tech, and geek culture through the shows.
Other Events in the Day in Technology History
- Wang introduces: Wang Personal computer
- Batman Debuts in Detective comics #27
- Google gives away 4,000 Android phones at Google I/O
- Digital currency Liberty Reserve is shut down
713 episodes available. A new episode about every day averaging 6 mins duration .