Manage episode 197166059 series 1749539
On today's show, I have John Hubbard who is a Cyber Security Manager located in Pennsylvania. John is an expert at Cyber Security and we cover A LOT of topics during this episode, everything from how he got started in the information security industry & advice for anyone who wants to work in the information security field to how you can protect yourself and your more sensitive information to stay safe. These days, we all live our lives online but there are people out there who will take advantage of vulnerabilities and steal your information.This episode is super informative for those who want to take action to protect themselves but aren't quite sure where to start. Excited for you to tune in and hope you enjoy!In today's episode, you'll find out:
- How John got into the information security industry and advice for anyone who wants to work in the information security industry.
- How hackers go about compromising a person and/or a business and the different techniques they use to get access to sensitive information.
- How people can take action to protect themselves from malware & hackers.
- The difference between an opportunist attack and a targeted attack.
- His biggest struggle working in the information security industry.
- What people misconceive about the information security industry.
- His thoughts on cryptocurrency and how someone can become more knowledgeable about this area and how it will be tied to cyber security.
Full show notes at: http://brittneyllynn.com/019
- Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod
- Miracle Morning podcast
- Have I Been Pwned
- uBlock Origin
- DefCon Conference
- Episode 002 of the Day in the Life podcast featuring Jacqueline Sutherland, Counterrorism Expert
- Episode 015 of the Day in the Life podcast featuring Katherine Pomerantz, Accountant
Like the show? There are several ways you can help!
- Subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, Spotify or Google Play
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. The ratings and reviews help for two reasons: 1) Most importantly, I get to know you, the listener, and what content you enjoy the most. 2) The more reviews the podcast has, the better chance it has at getting in front of new listeners.
- Follow on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram
- Join the Facebook group to interact with guests and other listeners
Join the Day in the Life newsletter
96 episodes available. A new episode about every 4 days averaging 41 mins duration .