Archive this series
John-Daniel Trask is the CEO and co-founder of Raygun.com, a software intelligence platform that monitors how your applications are really performing for users. Prior to Raygun, JD's entrepreneurial spirit was stoked by running a PC repair business while studying for a Bachelor of Information Science, which then led to working as a software developer at an IT services company. Driven by a frustration around poor software tooling, JD co-founded a company called Mindscape with Jeremy Boyd, before focusing on the Raygun product which gradually grew more attention. This varied background has given JD unique insights into understanding how to build healthy software. He is also known to enjoy a well aged whiskey!
- - Dave introduces the show and John-Daniel Trask
- - Raygun, Mindscape, and the workings of John-Daniel's businesses
- - How Raygun got its name
- - What is Raygun?
- - Platforms, languages, and technologies for and by Raygun and the Raygun team
- - JD's interest in both technology and business
- - The things that "light JD up"
- - Selling software to peers at 14 years old
- - JD's story of failure - the pain and difficulty of losing a business partner
- - JD's success story - being a creator of a business providing real benefits and making livings for real people
- - How John-Daniel stays current with what he needs to know
- - JD's book recommendation
- - The things that have John-Daniel most excited
- - JD's causes of pain and suffering
- - The things about which JD likes to geek out
- - Inspiration and the importance of being lit up on what you do and JD's joy in his work
- - Taking action, self-mastery, self-awareness, and persistence
- - John-Daniel's top 3 tips for delivering more value
- - Keeping up with JD
John-Daniel's book recommendation:
John-Daniel's top 3 tips for delivering more value:
- Always try to provide more value than you are taking
- Take note of things that matter to people and demonstrate that you care
- Build relationships and have high quality relationships
231 episodes available. A new episode about every 3 days averaging 51 mins duration .