Manage episode 206218958 series 2167982
How do I choose a cryptocurrency walloet?
In this Episode I talk about
- Terms and Definitions to understand crypto wallets
- Public vs. Private Keys
- Public key vs. Addresses
- Mnemonic Device/Recover seeds
- Hot vs. Cold Wallet
- Custodial vs. Non Custodial Wallets
- Mobile (app based) lite wallets
- Hardware wallets
- Multi-signature wallets
- Paper Wallets
- How to set up a bitcoin paper wallet
- Best practices for keeping your private keys safe
- Buy Through Amazon to Support us!
- Check Bitcoin Transactions
- Check Ethereum (& ERC 20 Token) transactions
- Create a Bitcoin Paper Wallet
- Create an Ethereum Paper Wallet
- Buy a Ledger Nano S Hardware Wallet
- Buy a Trezor Hardware Wallet
- Buy a Keepkey Hardware Wallet
- Start Trading today on Binance
- Transparency Disclaimer on what coins I hold
- Disclaimer on Investment
My first wallets were the bitcoin and litecoin desktop wallets. You can still download these and they function fine, they do however look all the part of a function over design 2013 wallet
In 2013 there was no commercial hardware wallet available, trezor was crowdfunding and finally launched in 2014. If you had any significant amount of any cryptocurrency you would hold it in a paper wallet. Paper wallets are still the gold standard as far as “near to perfect” security is concerned however a hardware wallet is the next best thing if you are unwilling to take the necessary precautions to ensure the safety of your funds.
Remember that Crypto is about YOU being in charge of your wealth.
If you have any comments or suggestions please do so via social media, which can see below or Click Here.
The post Episode 6: Cryptocurrency Wallets appeared first on .
12 episodes available. A new episode about every 15 days averaging 45 mins duration .