Manage episode 280119740 series 2127087
When a manipulator starts spinning their tale it can feel like you are being tossed in a word salad!
One thing that all manipulators have in common is that they use words to obfuscate, influence and control, also known as ‘Magical Speaking’.
Have you heard the tapes between Amber Heard and Johnny Depp?
One thing these tapes make clear, aside from their dysfunctional relationship, is that magical speaking was used relentlessly to control the narrative and to dictate what was “really going on.”
It is words, language, that is used to Gaslight. (A form of psychological manipulation in which a person covertly sows seeds of doubt, making you question your own memory, perception, or judgment.)
There are some classic tricks used in Magical Speaking that you should be on the lookout for, in this episode, we dive into those red-flag phrases and what you can do to protect yourself.
Bad behavior is on the rise, arm yourself with the tools you need to protect yourself against manipulative behavior.
What you’ll hear in this podcast:
- What is Magical Speaking
- How words are used to ‘gaslight’ someone
- What to do when someone is talking in circles
- How manipulators obfuscate the truth
- What to do when anger is used against you
- Examples of magical speaking in real life (Depp, Heard)
- 6 tactics manipulators use, along with words, to control your reactions
- What self-love has to do with it
- Why you should ignore the ‘implied’ and speak to the words instead
- The emotional toll of manipulation
- How your triggers play in
Work with Lara
Got a Question? Comment? Email Support@laracurrie.com
Show Intro music is Whispering Through by Asura
Listen for free on the go with any one of these players for both Android & iPhone