This series is archived ("HTTP Redirect" status)Please note series archiving is a new, experimental, feature of Player FM with the aim of helping users understand how we fetch series and report on any issues.
Replaced by: Diversity All Star
When? This feed was archived on November 05, 2017 15:41 (). Last successful fetch was on September 10, 2017 14:17 ()
Why? HTTP Redirect status. The feed permanently redirected to another series.
What now? If you were subscribed to this series when it was replaced, you will now be subscribed to the replacement series. This series will no longer be checked for updates. If you believe this to be in error, please check if the publisher's feed link below is valid and contact support to request the feed be restored or if you have any other concerns about this.
Manage episode 177084678 series 1320054
Sebastian Thiel is an Award Winning Filmmaker & Digital Social Entrepreneur and founder of Upshot Entertainment, a Film production company. Thiel has featured on TEDx Talks, was listed in the Top 25 Under 25 most influential Londoners by Evening Standard, and recently had a new show, “Just A Couple” feature on BBC3.
In this Podcast we discuss ( SPOILER ALERT )
- [02:33] An introduction to Sebastian Thiel
- [04:40] About “Just A Couple”
- [05:55] We learn about Sebastian’s back story
- [07:40] How Sebastian grew a T-Shirt business with the help of celebrities and influencers
- [12:20] Was formal education instrumental to Sebastian’s growth?
- [14:45] Should you learn your craft from YouTube or at School?
- [16:00] How Sebastian transitioned into film making
- [19:20] The business structure of Upshot Entertainment
- [20:25] An example of how you can use YouTube content, as an advert to attract clients
- [23:16] How you can make money from YouTube
- [24:30] What is winning on YouTube right now?
- [27:30] An example of how building leverage, can help you to get inbound proposals
- [30:00] To be a filmmaker, should you create content first, or a production company to make that content?
- [32:50] How public speaking can help position you as an authority within your space
- [39:40] Why you should learn how to use Social Media for your business
- [37:00] A person who inspires Sebastian
- [38:00] What Sebastian wishes he knew, before he started
- [42:20] Story telling advice to help improve your brand message
- [46:05] How making statements publicly, can help you to be accountable
Key points you will learn
- How you can use YouTube content, as an advert to attract clients
- How public speaking can help position you as an authority within your space
- Why making statements publicly, can help you to be accountable
Links and resources mentioned
- More from Sebastian Thiel
- Recommended viewing
How to improve the work ethic in your business.
Put out a statement to the public, stating a challenge or project you are working on, and keep people posted on the updates.
Tweet #DiversityAllStar to discuss the show on twitter.
33 episodes available. A new episode about every 8 days averaging 55 mins duration .