Manage episode 239429043 series 100153
Hey there word nerds!
Today I have the pleasure of introducing you to our guest, the award-winning journalist, essayist, and poet Marybeth Niederkorn.
Marybeth’s work has appeared in The Gasconade Review, Trailer Park Quarterly, Red Fez, and others. A Southeast Missouri native, her work is expressive of her background and roots while still managing to be kind of hilarious.
Educated at Southeast Missouri State University, she holds degrees in philosophy and in professional writing, and makes her living as a copywriter for Recruiters Websites. She and her husband Dave live in rural Missouri. Her first full-length poetry collection, Times Knew Roamin’, which we’ll be discussing today.In this episode Marybeth and I discuss:
- How traveling can affect the writing process
- Using poetry to capture a mental space
- How poetry can reflect meaning in a way unique from prose
- The beauty of structure to push your creativity
- Grammar--how important is it?
- Using writing to build community
For more info and shownotes: DIYMFA.com/264