Manage episode 239807749 series 100153
Hey there word nerds!
Today, I have the pleasure of interviewing Natasha Scripture.
Natasha is an author, poet, humanitarian, and former aid worker. As a spokesperson for the United Nations, she covered humanitarian crises around the world and before the UN she worked for a variety of organizations, including the BBC, CNN, Al Jazeera English, the World Bank, TED, National Geographic, and Condé Nast Publications.
She has been published in the New York Times, the Telegraph, Glamour UK, the Sydney Morning Herald, HuffPost, New York Post, and the Atlantic, among other publications. She has also been featured in Marie Claire, Women’s Health, and the Sunday Times Style magazine.
Natasha has lived in several different countries, travels frequently, and seeks to inspire and empower women everywhere with her writing and her storytelling. Her first book is Man Fast: A Memoir, which we’ll be discussing on the show today.In this episode Natasha and I discuss:
- The journey from writing a self-help book to writing a memoir.
- How to use writing to process grief.
- The process of structuring a memoir’s outward and inward journey.
- Creating space for self-discovery.
- Saying, “No” to others to say, “Yes” to yourself.
- The power of being fully present.
For more info and shownotes: www.diymfa.com/266