Archive this series
John is installing his weather station and Shannon is still pushing through finals week. On this week’s show we talk about a listener question regarding fulgurites. Can you petrify lightning and study it? Thanks to listener Steve for the show topic and fun paper suggestion!Fulgarites
- Fulgurite (Wikipedia)
- Planar deformation features
- Lightning induced remanent magnetizations
- Verrier, V., and P. Rochette. “Estimating peak currents at ground lightning impacts using remanent magnetization.” Geophysical Research Letters 29.18 (2002).
- This week we scratch the fun paper itch - literally. Can scratching in a mirror trick your brain?
- Helmchen, Christoph, et al. “Itch Relief by Mirror Scratching. A Psychophysical Study.” PloS one 8.12 (2013): e82756.
Shannon Dulin - @ShannonDulin
139 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 51 mins duration .