Hmmm there seems to be a problem fetching this series right now. Last successful fetch was on May 22, 2019 04:31 ()
What now? This series will be checked again in the next hour. If you believe it should be working, please verify the publisher's feed link below is valid and includes actual episode links. You can contact support to request the feed be immediately fetched.
Manage episode 211953098 series 2390250
Thank you for tuning in to Episode 131 of the Down Cellar Studio Podcast. This week's segments included:
- Off the Needles
- On the Needles
- From the Armchair
- KAL News
- Contest, News & Notes
- Life in Focus
- Ask Me Anything
- On a Happy Note
- Quote of the Week
- Pattern: Newborn Vertebrae by Kelly van Niekerk
- Yarn: Knit Picks Felici in the Dark Side Colorway (rainbow with charcoal gray stripes)
- Needles: US 2 + US 3
- Yarn: Leftovers of black, white, gray, orange, yellow, tan
- Needles: US 1.5 (2.5 mm)
- Pattern: OMG Heel by Megan Williams
- 2 more under way: 3 to do in 2018. One for my cousin Kara who is expecting a baby girl in August! 2 that my mom's cousin in VA asked for for grandkids. 1 girl (Noelle), 1 boy (Noah)
- Pattern: Granny Square Christmas Stockings from Family Circle Magazine 1977
- Yarn: Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in Red, Everglade Heather and White
- Hook: F (3.75 mm)
- Yarn: Bergere de France Goomy 50 in the Imprim Bleu color way
- Pattern: OMG Heel (most likely)
- Needles: US 1 (2.25 mm)
- Pattern: Worsted Boxy by Joji Locatelli
- Needles: US 7 (4.5 mm) & US 8 (5 mm)
- Yarn: Cloudborn Fibers Wool Worsted Twist in the Slate Heather Colorway
- Swatched with 8, 9 and 10s. 8 worked well. Definitely a twisted yarn. Doesn’t plump up all that much. Not SW yarn. So far I’m enjoying it but I’m not head over heels in love with the yarn. But I bought 9 skeins for total of $27 after Christmas during Craftsy sale can’t beat that for 100% wool handmade sweater.
- Cast on Friday 2/9- Ravellenics project
- Looked through Project Pages linked to the pattern. Impressed by the split hem on this project.
- Cast on for the back with US 7s. Put stitch markers 5 stitches in on each side. RS: (k1, s1wyif, k1, s1wyif, k1) WS- (s1, k1, s1, k1, s1). Garter stitch for the bottom hem. Then kept up with the edging and switched to US 8 needles and stockinette stitch.
- Knit the back longer than the front then joined them together to work in the round.
- Thundertwist hat from Greg Cohoon
- Victorian Yuletide Ornaments- 1-5 by Jenn Sheelen
- Bundle Up Betty Doll and outfit patterns from AndreSue Knits
- Tune in to hear if you won a participation prize for January or February or one of the 10 Grand Prizes!! All prize details can be found here.
- Each month you can declare a skein of yarn to knit/crochet/weave to its very end. Let’s use up those older special skeins that are soooo pretty we don’t want to touch them. In 2018, we are turning those sacred skeins into beautiful projects you can enjoy-- and maybe win a new beautiful skein of yarn from one of our sponsors along the way! Full details and rules can be found here.
- February Post: 80 skeins declared. Can't wait to see how many finish!
- Use and follow #slaythestash2018 on Social Media
- January: KnitCircus-- January Winner announced this episode!
- February: Kathryn Frank Fiber Arts
- March: Blue Skin Yarns
- April: BlueberryChick Yarn
- May: Legacy Fiber Artz
- June: Knitters Brewing Co
- July: Fish Belly Fiber Works
- August: SixandSevenFiber
- September: Fibernymph Dye Works
- October: Marigold Jen
- November: Dyenamixx Yarns
- December: Sunsoaked Yarns
- 2018 Box O' Balls Round Robin Mini Swap: sign up anytime during 2018. Find all of the details in this thread in the Ravelry Group.
- Ravellenics: knit along with the Winter Olympics on a project of your choosing (runs from February 9-25)
Tune in for details about two shawls for which that I'm looking for test knitters.
Would you like to know when I'm looking for sponsors for upcoming KALs? Sign up for my newsletter and check the box saying you might be interested in sponsoring.Life in Focus
I am still going strong making weekly goals that align with my 18 in 2018 and also other important things I need to do for that week. Not 100% success rate but I am doing things that I know for sure I’d put off if I wasn’t setting the goal for it.
- Project Life 2017 album 2 done, ordered from Picaboo. It arrived and I love it!
- Trader Joe’s cauliflower rice stir fry
- Making time for date nights even/especially during busy weeks
- Carina and Ella sleepover weekend!
- My niece Hattie Louisa is here!
121 episodes available. A new episode about every 15 days averaging 54 mins duration .