Manage episode 168445217 series 12320
Merry Christmas, Happy New Year everyone!
May your holidays be filled with joy, love and family. From Michael, James and myself we wish you the very best and a healthy, prosperous and fulfilling 2017.
We will be back in 2017 with another great DtSR Episode... but before we go - here's one last NewsCast for 2016.
Yahoo - setting records again - biggest hack ever
- It happened again: Yahoo says 1 billion user accounts stolen in what could be biggest hack ever
- 1 billion accounts.. But 1 billion users? Probably not
- It was 2013… does it even matter?
- Bigger issue - secret questions/answers can't be changed easily (if you're honest, which you shouldn't be)
- What about the integrity of the Yahoo! brand?
Netgear Routers - Simple fix, Difficult fix
- As with most devices that weren’t designed to be updated…
- The software fix (firmware) is quite easy according to Netgear
- Problem is … how to get users to install it
Microsoft Patches dangerous backdoor in skype for Mac OSX
- Issue on Mac only
- Use of an unused or outdated API that provided access
Flash being relegated by MS’s Edge browser… is it time?
- So many vulnerabilities in Adobe Flash, exploitable
- Chrome already has click-to-run
- Next version of Edge will do click-to-run
- Should we just nuke Flash? Isn’t HTML5 prime-time already?
302 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 47 mins duration .