Manage episode 171911493 series 12320
It is that time of year of W-2 Scams
- There have been multiple reports of companies releasing W-2s through email scams.
- Link: http://cbs4indy.com/2017/01/31/scammer-gets-copy-of-w-2-form-for-every-scottys-brewhouse-employee-after-data-breach/
Cops use pacemaker data to charge homeowner with arson, insurance fraud
- Becoming a common occurance with IoT devices. If you are creating these devices, are you considering:
- Storage of the data
- Education around how data is stored and could be used
- From an enterprise perspective:
- How many of these devices are inside your organization
- How do any of these tools factor into your own forensics approaches?
- Have you explored any of the liabilities
- What if you were subpoenaed for the information in your IoT?
- Links: http://www.networkworld.com/article/3162740/security/cops-use-pacemaker-data-as-evidence-to-charge-homeowner-with-arson-insurance-fraud.html
- Related Link: http://fortune.com/2017/02/04/amazon-alexa-phone-office/
- “it's evident that Amazon is determined to embed Alexa in mobile devices and in offices.”
Facebook rolls out 2FA Hardware
- A move that goes past SMS. Not the first time we have seen this technique (many sites support Yubikey). What type of adoption will we see?
- Can we check to see if facebook has stock in hardware key companies?
- Or what was that selection process like?
- Enterprise: how does this work in your organization?
- Do/did you block USB and other methods?
- Do you block facebook? - by policy or actual?
- How do you educate people about this?
- Link: https://www.infosecurity-magazine.com/news/facebook-rolls-out-2fa-hardware/
5 Cybersecurity Tools Your Company Should Have
- This is aimed at SMBs; as such, not sure these are the right suggestions
- HOWEVER - most enterprises work with SMBs - how are you helping them level their game up?
- Which of these can/do you do to help them get where they need to be?
- How does helping them help you, benefit the industry?
- Link: https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/286698
Appeals Court Blocks Target Data Breach Settlement
- “The ruling from the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit sets up a debate over one of the thorniest issues in data breach cases—whether and how to compensate individuals for the theft of personal information when it cannot be tied to financial injury.”
- Need to create an account to see more
- Link: http://www.nationallawjournal.com/id=1202778345349/Appeals-Court-Blocks-Target-Data-Breach-Settlement?slreturn=20170106093808
315 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 46 mins duration .