Manage episode 176496802 series 12320
- Most ‘typical’ users simply don’t understand security because it’s “magic” to them
- Basics must be understood by average Jane - attackers count on you not knowing
- How do you take knowledge and push to enterprise, while keeping up with consumers?
- Link: http://www.pewinternet.org/2017/03/22/what-the-public-knows-about-cybersecurity/
Suspect Charged in USD 100m Whaling Scheme
- $100 Million dollar - from just two companies
- How would your executives (and those supporting staff) fare against this attack?
- More importantly, how does your “awareness” program deal with this?
- Link: https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdny/pr/lithuanian-man-arrested-theft-over-100-million-fraudulent-email-compromise-scheme
Google's Android Security 2016 Year in Review Report: Android Security Improving
- Overall, Google is making great strides
- The fragmentation problem isn’t getting better for legacy devices that have long life-spans
- Going forward, things appear to be set up for faster, more OTA updates regularly - but that’s only for NEW stuff
- What is the state of your enterprise mobile policy?
- Link: http://static.googleusercontent.com/media/source.android.com/en//security/reports/Google_Android_Security_2016_Report_Final.pdf
U.S., U.K. warn airports, nuclear facilities of cyberattacks
- Confusing - threat to airports seems to be from hiding explosives in laptops/mobile devices
- Threat to Nuclear Plants (ICS) seems to be of a cyber nature to legacy systems
- Big picture issue works for enterprises too - legacy systems are a target
- Link: https://www.scmagazine.com/us-uk-warn-airports-nuclear-facilities-of-cyberattacks/article/648163/
Neiman Marcus data breach settlement tells us plenty about the ROI of security
- We’ve been saying this for a while - proportional security is what’s needed
- There is no such thing as “secure” - why do many CISOs still push for it?
- A settlement of $1.6M is likely cheaper than total cost of big security program
- What would $1.6M spending on security mean?
- Can you define “good enough” security?
340 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 45 mins duration .