Manage episode 177294772 series 12320
Dallas Tornado Sirens Hijacked
- Tornado sirens in Dallas all simultaneously went off
- Suspected hijacking of the emergency system, lots of speculation of how this happened
- Now believed to be a radio hijack
- Link: http://content.govdelivery.com/bulletins/gd/TXDALLAS-1936de1
Two Inmates in Ohio Jail Hacked it From the Inside
- Talk about an “insider threat”!
- These were made from spare parts, hidden in ceiling, concealed well
- Unauthorized access to network (no NAC?) made infiltration possible
- Link: https://qz.com/958503/two-ohio-inmates-hacked-their-prison-from-the-inside-using-makeshift-computers-built-from-spare-parts/
SWIFT Launches New Anti-Fraud Controls in Wake of Wire Frauds
- New tools to ‘detect suspicious transactions’
- Appears to be free in addition to other fraud-detection tools
- Link: https://www.swift.com/news-events/news/swift-launches-new-anti-fraud-payment-control-service-for-customers
- 59 total vulnerabilities - Flash still a big chunk of that (surprise!)
- 44 are considered critical - “code execution bugs”
- Enterprises should download, test and deploy -- how are you handling these?
- Link: https://threatpost.com/adobe-patches-59-vulnerabilities-across-flash-reader-photoshop/124914/
- High-volume algo financial trading company
- These are literally their trade secrets - the way they make money
- No abuse of privilege - this was hacking (unathorized access)
- Link: http://www.justice.gov/usao-sdny/pr/computer-engineer-arrested-theft-proprietary-trading-code-his-employer
315 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 46 mins duration .