Manage episode 178256035 series 12320
- In October, 2017, all HTTP sites will be marked ‘Not Secure’ while in incognito mode.
- Incognito mode allows surfing the internet without saving your browsing history.
- Have you seen any negative feedback from the previous changes to show not secure?
- Does this change your priority for moving to always HTTPS for all sites?
- Link: https://threatpost.com/chrome-to-mark-more-http-pages-not-secure/125255/
2017 Verizon DBIR Highlights: Analyzing the Latest Breach Data in 10 Years of Incident Trends
- Oh, the headlines. Slow the roll, folks.
- Stop the password hate and turn the mirror around
- Let’s talk about people… and why they are not the weakest link. Grow up.
- So many obvious points, yet so much insight not being talked about - why?
- Hint: It dispells the doom and gloom and asks tough questions
- Example: Page 13 - patching ... looks like after 2 weeks "If it's not patched, it's not getting patched".
- Ask yourself, what patch percentage you're at after 2 weeks - and are you OK with that?
- Link: https://www.tripwire.com/state-of-security/security-data-protection/cyber-security/highlights-of-the-2017-verizon-dbir-analyzing-the-latest-breach-data-in-10-years-of-incident-trends/
- Link: http://www.infoworld.com/article/3193028/security/annual-verizon-security-report-says-sloppiness-causes-most-data-breaches.html
Hacker leaks episodes from Netflix show and threatens other networks
- Importance of digital supply chain
- The ‘peril’ of cyber
- Link: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/29/business/media/netflix-hack-orange-is-the-new-black.html?_r=1
- Link: http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_NETFLIX_HACKING_THREAT?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2017-04-29-22-50-55
- “Earlier, Netflix said that a small production vendor that works with several major TV studios suffered a breach. The Los Gatos, California, company described it as an "active situation" that's being investigated by the FBI and other authorities.”
- “Netflix is counting on "Orange" to help it add 3.2 million subscribers from April through June. That's substantially higher than the company's average gain of 1.8 million subscribers in the same period over the past five years.”
302 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 47 mins duration .