Manage episode 179226918 series 12320
- As of recording, it is reported that 200,000 computers were infected.
- Patch for flaw was released in March, 2017
- Microsoft has since released a patch for older systems
- Lots to discuss on this - including Microsoft's letter to the NSA
- Link: http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-39915440
- Link: https://www.infosecurity-magazine.com/news/microsoft-xp-patch-wannacry/
- Link: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-39921479
- Flight attendant somehow posted the codes online
- Insider threat?
- Multiple layers of security needed and additional controls here
- Link: https://www.infosecurity-magazine.com/news/united-flight-attendant-door-codes/
- Link: https://www.wsj.com/articles/uniteds-cockpit-door-security-codes-inadvertently-revealed-1494794444
Keylogger discovered preinstalled on some HP laptops
- Audio driver inspected keystrokes looking for events like Mute, Unmute, etc.. but also stored keystrokes in a file.
- Log file was overwritten after each reboot.
- Was this just a debugging issue that wasn’t disabled before release?
- Link: https://www.cnet.com/news/keylogger-discovered-on-some-hp-laptops-conexant/
348 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 44 mins duration .