Manage episode 199567943 series 12320
This week's DtSR Podcast sits down in the offices of Shawn Tuma to discuss an update on the law with regards to data breaches, or incidents - and what the differences between. We talk through current events, past history and look into the future a bit.
Highlights from this week's show include...
- the legal differences in the words we use (breach vs. incident)
- notification and disclosure in a global economy
- planning, preparation, and the big day
- costs - specifically around insurance - when things go badly
- right to sue for current, and future, damages (did they really happen?)
- overview of GDPR, and the cornucopia of other local, regional, national, and international laws as they are evolving
- Shawn Tuma ( @ShawnETuma )
354 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 44 mins duration .