Manage episode 193707826 series 1175146
#93 THE TRUTH ABOUT ADDICTION | DAILY DR. ERIN
Podcast: DAILY DR. ERIN - http://bit.ly/DailyDrErin
Get your FREE 30 Guided Meditations and Daily Inspiration: http://www.drerin.tv
Watch weekly Interviews: http://www.drerinshow.com
Get your FREE Manifesting Masterclass with purchase of book: erinfallhaskell.com/awakeningbook
Join us on Facebook: Facebook.com/DrErin.TV
Join the Community: http://Facebook.com/awakeningwitherin
Subscribe and Give Love: YouTube.com/DrErin
30 FREE Guided Meditations: http://bit.ly/30Meditations
Stay Connected: Instagram.com/DRERIN.TV
Text me: twitter.com/drerin
Let’s do Business: LinkedIn.com/in/DRERIN
DAILY INSPIRATION: Addiction is a spiritual disease, the experience of feeling divided and not at cause over life. Merriam Webster’s dictionary defines it as: need for and use of a habit-forming substance (such as heroin, nicotine, or alcohol) characterized by tolerance and by well-defined physiological symptoms upon withdrawal; broadly : persistent compulsive use of a substance known by the user to be harmful. Bottom line, majority of people are addicted in some shape or another be it with alcohol, sugar, porn, work, gambling, drugs. There’s a new addiction trend …. Money anonymous, slaa sex and love addiction, there is new evidence of addiction to chemicals released from upsets, people literally get addicted to drama. So, knowing there is a spectrum and a gradient of addiction we need to look at the truth of what addiction is. It is handing your power over to something repetitively over and over again until you feel completely at the effect of that ‘something.’ You are so powerful, you can actually create the experience of being powerless. Yes, some substances are addictive (cocaine, heroine, oxytocin, sugar, etc.) The reality is when something happens in life and you don’t want to deal with it or you try and feel a particular way via a substance, you tell yourself that you need that substance to feel a certain way. This is exactly why some people don’t get addicted and others do. Surrendering is simply saying that you have a problem and that need help. A higher power is simply saying that the same mind that created the problem can’t solve the problem. Taking inventory in the 4th step is simply realizing how you created everything.
- We admitted we were powerless over alcohol–that our lives had become unmanageable.
- Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
- Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.
- Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
- Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
- Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character
- Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings
- Made a list of persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
- Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
- Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
- Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
- Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
DAILY UNIVERSAL LAW: Today we align with The Law of Compensation. Life is an energy exchange, each person is compensated in a like manner to how they contribute. There is a identical correlation in the amount of value you give to the value you receive. There is also an equal atonement to the expense of your action. This natural amending mechanism is the process of redemption, bringing balance and order. Example: You reap what you sow, you get back what you give.
DAILY SPIRITUAL PRACTICE: Go within and get real with yourself… Denial is death!
DAILY CHALLENGE: Seek support today!
LIVE YOUR TRUTH,
Doctor of Divinity
New Thought Leader
2016 Global Peace Award
Mother & Lover of Life!
135 episodes available. A new episode about every 4 days averaging 12 mins duration .