Manage episode 183935493 series 1336947
You'll notice that this is not the 1950s creature feature we promised two weeks ago. As Patreon subscribers already know, we recorded a George Romero tribute instead, with somewhat obvious film choices Night of the Living Dead (1968) and Dawn of the Dead (1978). This is a long one (dare I say... a meaty one), because it turns out we have a lot to say about zombie culture; zombie survivalists; the allegorical power of zombies; what a cool band name 'The Goblins' is; violent white masculinity; and the time Saoirse went to a wedding on the set of the Dawn of the Dead remake.
- David Bowie, Drive-In Saturday
- Oingo Boingo, Dead or Alive
- Robin Sparkles, Let's Go To The Mall (We can't take credit for this excellent joke, which we stole from fanvidder Jetpack Monkey)
- Dario Argento and The Goblins, Dawn of the Dead theme
- The Cranberries, Zombie
- Ham and sausages
- A sundae with lots of chocolate syrup
- 1970s TV dinners
- A nice white wine
52 episodes available. A new episode about every 16 days averaging 86 mins duration .