E78 - Dr Nick Sparrow - EMS Physician, ATACC Canada Fire and Medical Director and CEO & Founder of KERPA
Manage episode 253746542 series 2419723
Dr Nick Sparrow is an emergency room and EMS physician from Nelson BC, he is also the ATACC Canada Fire and Medical Director and the CEO & Founder of KERPA which is the Kootney Emergency Response Physician Association. Nick responds as a primary care physician to 911 calls to administer Pre-Hospital care. He is helping push the change of EMS response into a new era and it is an honor to have him on the show to share his message.
WHO WE ARE
As a group of Rural Volunteer Firefighters, our Fire Department has built our firefighter training from both old and new tactics in the fire service and adapted them to fit the realities of equipment, manpower, and costs around what our community requires.
WHAT WE DO
We create video, audio and written word content to share these training and tactics methods with our Brothers and Sisters in our extended fire families, and to showcase to those that may be interested in becoming firefighters the fun you can have and the amazing skills and abilities you get to learn, whilst keeping the lives of the people around you safe!
WHY WE SHARE
Firefighters are problem solvers whose role requires them to be on their best day whilst others are having their worst day, and while we do not claim to be perfect we are willing to put our lives on the line to try. It’s during the trying that we continue to develop the mindset, tactics, and training that allow us to be effective, safe and successful where it’s needed the most, and by sharing our experiences we hope that it may help other Fire Departments in creating what works for them to help bring everyone home safe.
THANKYOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT
If you would like to help support us then you can visit us by clicking the link to your favorite social media platform below to Subscribe and be the first to see more of our content!
Stay Safe Fire Family and Stay DTFF!
TO LISTEN TO THE PODCAST ON YOUR FAVOURITE APP CLICK THE LINK BELOW
JOIN OUR FIRE FAMILY
- Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/VFFPodcastDTFF/
- Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/dtffpodcast/?hl=en
- TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@downtofightfire
WHAT WE HIGHLIGHT IN OUR CONTENT
Firefighter Wellness & Mental Health
CAUSES WE SUPPORT
- https://www.StopTheBleed.org/ - Learn how to Stop The Bleed TODAY and get better prepared to save your life and the lives of those around you
- HTTP://www.2ndAlarm.org - Firefighter numbers are Down and so 2nd Alarm is ringing the bell to call those brave enough to join us!
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT WE LIKE - DISCOUNT CODES
- https://ca.motisfirerescue.com/ - Snagger (hose handling) Tool, Wedges, kit pouches and more! MOTIS Discount Code: Use the code DTFF5 to save 5% off your order
- https://rzmask.com/ - High-quality air filtration masks! RZ MASK Discount Code: Use the code DTFF to save 30% on your order
- https://ignitionusa.us/ - Soft entry tools! SEARAT Discount Code: Use the code DTFF2020 for 20% off your order
#DTFFpodcast #DownToFightFire #Firefighting #Volunteer #Firefighter #FireFamily #Firefighters #EMS #Rescue #Fire #Emergency #FireDepartment #FirstResponders #Firedept #FireDepartment #FireHouse #FireRescue #ThinRedLine #FireService #BrotherHood #SisterHood #FireFighterLife #Fireman #VolunteerFirefighter #VolunteerFirefighters #StopTheBleed #StayDTFF