Manage episode 236988608 series 1002041
Today we speak to Nick Davenport who has lead the way in merging sports psychology with muscle and strength training. Having been unfamiliar territory before, he took a risk and has created Mindbody One and partnered with Fitligths.
Things you will learn in this episode:
- Nick’s equipment is focused around working memory and decision making while integrating the physical aspect. By combining both, he is “bridging the gap between stationary cognitive and active physical”.
- Mindbody One merges multiple different cognitive skills. His products bring in a “one stop shop for all your cognitive needs” and creates a more “real life” situation.
- In a stressful situation one “reverts back to their level of practice” and it is important to practice in the correct way.
- It is recommended to do about two to three hours a week but can be broken down however it is convenient for the individual; after three to four weeks, results become evident.
- Nick emphasizes five different skills: vision, working memory, reaction, stress- exposure, and mindset management. They all have information and examples on his website and instagram when you become a member.
Comments, suggestions or if there is a guest you would like to hear on the show, let us know by email: firstname.lastname@example.org