Manage episode 241481941 series 1226950
Damiana, an herbalist on a community farm in San Diego, shares her story as a first-generation immigrant from Mexico City who left her job in the government to pursue the plant medicine path. Damiana also takes us deep into her experience walking the pilgrimage trail, Camino de Santiago, in Spain while facing her PTSD that is the aftermath of being held hostage by a gunman in rural Mexico.
This episode is also a video with amazing footage from our visit to the Farm and Damiana's pilgrimage in Spain.
Watch the video here: https://www.earthspeak.love/1
In this episode we get into:
- Damiana’s surprising true feelings when she first heard the call of the plant path
- Her unexpected ancestral heritage
- Leaving a government job and “normal” life to pursue her true calling
- The life-saving role she's played as the farm’s herbalist
- A recent near-death experience involving a farm goat named Amber
- How serving the community extends beyond just humans
- What compelled Damiana to walk 800 km in the Camino de Santiago pilgrimage
- A peek into the pre-Christian pagan history of El Camino de Santiago
- Damiana’s miraculous escape from being a hostage and with a gun held to her head
- Facing the darkness of PTSD while walking pilgrimage
- The phone call that brought Damiana home before the end of her journey
- Damiana on Instagram @laluneria // https://www.instagram.com/laluneria/
- Enjoy photos and musings from Damiana’s pilgrimage through El Camino de Santiago @thewalkisprayer // https://www.instagram.com/thewalkistheprayer/
- Wild Willow Farm @wildwillowfarm // https://www.instagram.com/wildwillowfarm/
- Learn more about Earth Speak on our website, https://www.earthspeak.love
- Earth Speak on Facebook
- Earth Speak on Instagram @earthspeak //https://www.instagram.com/earthspeak/
- If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe, rate us, and share with a friend!
Music is “It’s Easier” by Scarlet Crow http://www.scarletcrow.org/