This series is archived ("Inactive feed" status)Please note series archiving is a new, experimental, feature of Player FM with the aim of helping users understand how we fetch series and report on any issues.
When? This feed was archived on June 20, 2018 09:43 (). Last successful fetch was on March 03, 2018 21:09 ()
Why? Inactive feed status. Our servers were unable to retrieve a valid podcast feed for a sustained period.
What now? You might be able to find a more up-to-date version using the search function. This series will no longer be checked for updates. If you believe this to be in error, please check if the publisher's feed link below is valid and contact support to request the feed be restored or if you have any other concerns about this.
Manage episode 191872245 series 1449013
Plastic is everywhere around us. If you look around yourself right now you will see a lot of stuff made out of plastic. It is everywhere in our homes, workplaces, toys, gadgets. A life like the majority of us is living it would not be possible without plastic. Plastic is a material that made a lot of things and products possible to everyone of us. We should be grateful for that!
At the same time plastic is a fast growing disaster for the environment. Since so many products are mad out of plastic, a lot of these products end as land fill or even worse in the ocean. Since most of the types of plastic are not biodegradable, the country sides and the oceans are getting filled up more and more with plastic waste. Even worse animals suffer from these waste. They eat the plastic, absorb the additives and softeners in their muscles and in the worst case we eat this meat and the chemicals end up in our metabolism.
I do not want that everyone stops using plastic in general, because that is hardly possible for the lifestyle most of us live, but I am sure that EVERYONE can reduce his and her use of plastic. If everyone starts to think about it and makes the first small steps by using a few of the following tipps and tricks, we can have an impact together.
Tipps and tricks
1. Bring your own reusable bags wherever you go and refuse plastic bags if you don’t need them… and try to refuse all single-use plastics!
2. Buy your own reusable water bottle and take it always with you. Avoid bottled water. Use tab water. It is even more regulated and at last in Germany in has even a better quality
3. Use non plastic containers for food. There are pretty cool containers from wood or stainless steel, that you can use for a long time.
4. Carry your own non plastic cutlery and straw with you. Sounds weird, but why not?
5. Avoid over packaged food (packaging within packaging)
6. Go grocery shopping in a packaging free supermarket, where you can bring your own packaging. Reuse glas containers, that you have already bought for honey or jam…
7. Buy in bulks for products that you know that you use them, so that you need less packaging per quantity of product. Maybe you can even make a bargain.
8. Use bar soap instead of liquid soap. It keeps longer and often even has higher quality than the liquid soap.
9. Try to buy high quality plastic free products. They will last longer and will be easier to repair. Get it fixed!
10. Request zero plastic packaging when ordering online.
and sooo much more tipps in the sources…
Help everyone to life a more sustainable lifestyle by giving me a rating on itunes!
Create an impact on others: Community
Be impacted: Newsletter
See the impact: Instagram
photo: by semevent from pixabay
18 episodes available. A new episode about every 16 days averaging 27 mins duration .