Electrek Podcast: Tesla Model 3 SR Deliveries, Model 3 made-in-China, Tesla founder’s new startup, more
Manage episode 235140867 series 2182499
This week on the Electrek Podcast, we discuss the most popular news in the world of sustainable transport and energy, including the Tesla Model 3 Standard Range starting to get software-locked features, Model 3 made-in-China launch, a new EV startup from Tesla's original founder, and more.
The Electrek Podcast is me, Fred Lambert, editor-in-chief of Electrek, and Seth Weintraub, founder and publisher of Electrek and the 9to5 network, discussing all our top stories of the week while taking questions from our readers and highlighting the most insightful comments on the site.
The show is live every Friday at 4pm ET on Electrek’s Youtube channel. As a reminder we’ll have an accompanying post, like this one, on the site with an embedded link to the live stream. Head to the Youtube channel to get your questions and comments in.
After the show ends at around 5pm ET, the video will be archived on YouTube and the audio on all your favorite podcast apps through our RSS feed: https://electrek.co/podcastRSS. Grab the quick link to iTunes here.
We now have a Patreon if you want to help us to avoid more ads and invest more in our content. We have some awesome gifts for our Patreons and more coming.
Here are a few of the articles that we will discuss during the podcast today:
- Tesla starts delivering ‘Standard Range’ Model 3 at ~$35,000 with locked features
- Tesla to build Model Y in Fremont, Model S refresh September – report
- Tesla launches made-in-China Model 3 starting ~$47,500, deliveries in 6-10 months
- Tesla launches Model 3 in Australia and all other right-hand drive markets
- Tesla needs to catch up on deliveries for record quarter, focus on cost, says Elon Musk in leaked email
- Tesla CTO JB Straubel excercises ~$3 million in options as office presence called ‘scarce’
- Tesla offers way to override new charge limitation at busy Superchargers
- Tesla founder launches new electric car battery startup and there’s a twist
- GM plans own large EV charging network in the US, can’t be bothered to invest in it itself
Here’s the live stream for today’s episode starting at 4:00pm ET (or the video after 5:00pm ET):
86 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours averaging 60 mins duration .